Message from ACU Coordinator
The Government of Kenya recognizes that HIV and AIDS is a major obstacle in the education
sector, and the impact continues to be felt at all levels. In TVET Institutions, which consist of
young people in the 17 -24 age bracket, are no exception. This age bracket is highly
vulnerable to HIV and AIDS. However, even though young people are threatened by the epidemic,
they offer the greatest hope for turning the tide against HIV and AIDS. Education,
particularly on issues of HIV and AIDS, is one of the best “social vaccines” against HIV.
Kibabii University acknowledges the serious socio-economic challenges posed by HIV and AIDS.
Towards the prevention of HIV and AIDS infections within the University, the Sub-AIDS Control
Unit’s has the following Objectives;
- Promotion of VCT and treatment services for HIV and AIDS
- Promotion of HIV and AIDS prevention
- To enhance HIV and AIDS Research
- Strengthening coordination of HIV Activities
To achieve these objectives the AIDS Control Unit has three broad program activities.
- Prevention and Advocacy Program Activities
- Care and Support Program Activities
- HIV and AIDS Research